GALLERY ZOO ART Portfolio on Fine Art America

Community for Fine Artists and Fine Art Galleries

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Flower Shop Dreams


I am really loving these florals! Flower Shop Dreams is my latest attempt to entice an early spring for 2009. When I began this painting, I was going to expand upon my Midnight Beach Abstract Series by doing something similar on a larger scale. Guess what? I find that with abstracts, I am happiest with my work when I work on whims instead of plans. The canvas tends to be where I am most spontaneous, because quite frankly, I tend to plan out most everything I can in my life (which may be why I am challenged at times by toddlers...a shocker I'm sure for those that know me ;o)

The energy of this piece truly took on a life of its own, governed by the color, placement of shapes, lines, and overall movement. "What if I do this?" became the primal force that possessed me. And you know what? I liked it. I loved the freedom of expression that took hold of me, plans be damned. And I hope you like this piece too.

No comments: