GALLERY ZOO ART Portfolio on Fine Art America

Community for Fine Artists and Fine Art Galleries

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Another Egret?

Yes, I admit it: apparently I have a "thing" for painting egrets. But hey, in my defense, egrets have fantastically graceful lines that swoop, curve, and can move from bold to delicate in one mere brushstroke.

So here it is...another mixed media piece whose central figure is offset by papyrus paper and paper made with bamboo leaf inclusions. This piece has a bit of an Asian feel to it. Originally I planned to feature an Asian elephant abstract but in the end the figure of a flying egret demanded my attention. I decided to heed the call.

Of Water And Air is a 16" x 20" mixed media abstract, representing the grace and power of a great egret in flight. I will post this piece on Boundless Gallery tomorrow (1/15).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Catherine! I just found your blog. I love your egrets! This piece is beautiful.