GALLERY ZOO ART Portfolio on Fine Art America

Community for Fine Artists and Fine Art Galleries

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Deck The Halls With Dirty Clothes And Cookie Crumbs




I love this time of year. Yes, I am one of those weirdos who actually thrives on more stuff to do, who enjoys creating hand-made gifts, baking cookies from scratch, and devising new arts and craft projects for my two-year old that does not involve pulling apart the ornaments and dropping them into a freshly peed-in potty. The beauty of the holiday season is that I get to do all of the things I normally do as a mom, wife, and artist, only now I can listen to festive music. There is something quite sublime about baking to the tunes of "Silent Night" while my toddler zips from room to room with his Fisher Price popper toy (you know--the one that "pops" the colored balls as it is pushed or pulled, creating just enough of a commotion that you want to march into the manufacturer's office and beat them to death with it) shrieking "CUTTING THE GRASS!" Even I have to admit that laundry strewn from room to room on my as yet unvacuumed floor really adds a nice touch to the holiday decor. Now where is the cat?


Perhaps my favorite part so far is having had the opportunity to really hone my photo shop skills. Spending over two hours removing myself from my son's Santa picture taught me many things. Along with improving my technical skills, I now realize I no longer need five cups of egg nog to look three sheets to the wind. Bonus!

Somehow, I have no doubt the secret national anthem of moms everywhere on December 26th is "Happy Xmas (The War Is Over)".
Holiday Art Card--Red Series 1, Tree By Catherine Jeltes

No comments: