GALLERY ZOO ART Portfolio on Fine Art America

Community for Fine Artists and Fine Art Galleries

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Cottage Lanes


Wow--spring is roaring in and I've been fortunate enough to be busy, busy, busy! So much so that in fact I have been extremely remiss with regards to blogging. I actually listed this painting, Cottage Lanes, a couple of weeks ago, and I am in the midst of working on a small series of 5" x 7" 's on canvas board, entitled African Wildlife Series as well as two other larger paintings. As you can see, my AADD (Art Attention Deficit Disorder) is truly shining now.

But back to Cottage Lanes...

This is a 20" x 20" acrylic abstract floral diptych on gallery wrapped canvas. Each panel is 20" x 10", and may be displayed close together or farther apart to cover less or more wall space. This piece actually began as a triptych, but the third panel just did not mesh with the other two. (It was, however, the perfect abstract backdrop for a painting of a train for my son's bedroom. As soon as the train is completed, I will post it here.) I love the colors and patterns that emerged when painting Cottage Lanes--and blending the edges of the flowers into the background reminded me of the waves of color in fields along quiet country roads...as well as seeing flowers in the rain through a blurry wet window. I love that I can almost smell wet earth and fresh mulch when viewing this.

No comments: