GALLERY ZOO ART Portfolio on Fine Art America

Community for Fine Artists and Fine Art Galleries

Monday, April 13, 2009

Blooms in Violet and Blue



Here are some more abstract acrylic florals to add to my art card "bouquet". Blooms In Violet is a mixed media piece, painted on 5" x 7" canvas board that is wrapped in fine art paper. This particular background is quite effective for these types of florals as it lends a quaint botan
ical charm to the image. Blooms In Violet was inspired by a wedding favors commission I am working on. Maybe that is why it seems to have somewhat of an "air of
formality"
about it. Blooms In Blue explores my love of blue. Perhaps the casual feel of this piece developed from my associations between blue and relaxation...and maybe my love of blue jeans!

No comments: